Your Christmas tree might look bare and sparse, but it doesn’t have to! We’ve got some tips on how to make your artificial tree look full with nothing more than a few minutes of work.
Make sure the wire branches are fluffed.
To make the tree look fuller, you should fluff the artificial branches. Fluffing will also help keep them from drooping and falling over.
To fluff, take your hands and gently move them in a circular motion in each branch as you begin at the top and work your way down to the bottom of the tree.
Use lights to fill in gaps.
- Use lights to fill in gaps. Using the same colored lights throughout your tree will help it look more cohesive, but if you want a festive feel, consider using more colorful bulbs.
- Choose different shapes and sizes of lights. If you’re using multiple types of lights on your tree, try mixing them up by choosing bulbs that are different sizes and shapes. This will add visual interest as well as help fill in any gaps that remain on your artificial Christmas tree after all the other tips have been applied!
Start at the top of your tree.
When you’re trying to make a Christmas tree look fuller, start with the top of your tree. Work from inside out and upside down, filling in any gaps with lights and fluffing wires as needed.
Start at the top of your tree by pulling some branches down to cover up those bare spots. Then add some lights underneath those branches so they’ll look full when viewed from below. Next, fill in any gaps between branches by sticking some smaller pieces into place along the wire stems—this will help make your fake Christmas tree look full without taking up too much space on its own. Finally, fluff out all those wire stems at the bottom to give them more dimensionality and volume!
Work from inside out and upside down
It’s very important that you work from the inside out, starting with the trunk of your tree. Then go on to fill in the branches and eventually add some ornaments and lights. If you start with the outside of your tree, it will look sparse because there are no branches to fill in the gaps between each branch.
The same goes for working from top down as opposed to bottom up; if you start at the bottom first, any holes or gaps will be visible as soon as someone enters visual range of your artificial Christmas tree!
Your Christmas Tree will look fuller and more beautiful with these tips
If you want to get the most out of your artificial tree, it’s important to know how to make your Christmas tree look full. Here are some great tips:
- When buying an artificial Christmas tree, opt for one that comes with a stand and is pre-lit. This will make it easier for you to decorate.
- If you don’t have an extra outlet, consider using a power strip so that you can plug in multiple lighted decorations at once.
- Don’t overdo it on the ornaments! If there aren’t enough on the tree, use more than one color so that it looks fuller!
Now that you know how to make your artificial Christmas tree look fuller and more beautiful, the only thing left is to go out and do it! We hope these tips will help you create a home for your family that’s filled with holiday cheer.